March 6, 2011

(Cooking) My casserole dilemma

It's been a long, rough winter and most Sundays I find I need to prepare foods to eat during the week at work.  Thanks to Verly, I have stepped into the soup arena, and am working on perfecting a white bean soup.  I also have needed a freezable pasta casserole, so I searched and searched for a recipe.  I couldn't find anything suitable, and so I went for my own JT-inspired-Marti Creation:

Pasta Casserole a la the Winter of 2011:
any type of pasta (have used penne and borsetti)
onion
garlic cloves
greens (have used bok choy and arugula)
chopped up artichoke hearts (from a can)
salt, pepper
red pepper flakes
oregano, thyme
shredded parmesan cheese
panko

Cook pasta, as per the instructions-being sure to cook al dente
Saute onions with garlic, in olive oil
Add in artichokes, and all spices
Add in greens at last moments

After pasta is cooked and drained, add 1/2 jar of pasta sauce (I used Bertolli 4-cheese Rosa), mix up well. Combine sautéed mixture.

Pour into casserole dish, sprinkle with parm cheese and panko.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.

Enjoy and/or freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment