December 15, 2010

(Gardening) So Long Garden.....

So let this be a post really about winter preparation come spring.  Because I know my next garden, will surpass my first attempt.  My first garden, shown below, was an amazing experience and outlet.  After a major push from someone, JT (and Bryan) got my first real garden going.  Here's how it looked:  
It was a great first garden, which I talked to, spent time with, and found my "peace and joy."  Then fall came, and I had my first fall garden.  Both versions were learning experiences for me, and I can't wait for spring.  So in the spirit of wishing our beautiful gardens farewell (JT's FAR more beautiful than mine!!) I say, let's plan ahead, improve our soil and embrace, gulp, worms.....

So, gardeners, I'm curious about two things:
1.  Are you doing cover crops, and if so details please
2.  Composting during the winter.....should I stop adding compost, and just add soil and worms?

Comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment